Holiday Activities in North Wales
Llyn Brenig is linked to Llyn Alwen by some amazing off road cycle trails which are suitable for families of all abilities. The route around the Brenig takes around 1 hour but can be extended to include the Alwen cycle trail. Bike hire is also available from the excellent Brenig visitors centre where lunch can also be found!
Places To Visit During Your Stay
There are ample places of interests and attractions to suit all tastes nearby and slightly further afield.
Llyn Brenig is a renowned fly fishing venue with boat hire. Licenses and permits available from the visitors center.
- Bala www.visitbala.org
- Betws y Coed (www.betws-y-coed.co.uk)
- Llandudno - Victorian coastal resort (www.visitllandudno.org.uk)
- National White Water Centre near Bala (www.ukrafting.co.uk)
- Bala Lake Watersports (www.balawatersports.com)
- Zipworld at Bethesda, Llanrwst and Ffestiniog - Europe's longest and fastest zipline (www.zipworld.co.uk)
- Bounce Below - underground trampolines and zipwires situated in a former slate quarry
- Surf Snowdonia - Artificial wave lagoon in the Conwy Valley
- National Trust properties - e.g. Bodnant Garden, Erddig, Chirk Castle, Penrhyn, Ty Mawr. (www.nationaltrust.org.uk)
- Castles - e.g. Caernarfon, Conwy, Harlech (www.cadw.gov.wales)
- Llyn Brenig - countryside walks, fishing and sailing activities near the lake. (www.llynbrenig.co.uk)